Prof. Yosef Sarne
Brain Disorders; Behavioral Neuroscience; Cellular/Molecular Neurophysiology
Dept. of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine
- Drugs of abuse: cellular mechanisms of action and behavioral effects of opioid and cannabinoid drugs.
- Neuroprotection: biochemical mechanisms of pre- and post-conditioning.
Research methods: Cell cultures (neuronal cell lines); behavioral tests (learning and memory in mice); biochemical assays (Western blots, Elisa, enzyme activity); pharmacology (in vitro and in vivo);
Main projects in the lab include:
- Long-lasting behavioral effects of ultra-low doses of tetrahydrocannabinol.
- Long-term neurochemical effects of cannabinoid and opioid drugs.
- Neuroprotective and neurotoxic effects of cannabinoids: in vivo and in vitro studies.
Tel: 03-6406078; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org